Once you have a scheduled call to kick off an interface, this is a helpful agenda to put together and email ALL involved parties. This ensures everyone is on the same page. Oh, of course, attach your company’s HL7 specifications.
- Confirm scope of project and interface contacts.
- Based on requirements, here you will confirm systems involved and interfaces needed to exchange data.
- Discuss connectivity and exchange network contacts
- HL7 message discussion. Review overall message structure and content.
- Review overall message structure and content.
- Ask for sample HL7 messages, if inbound interface.
- Trade HL7 specification documents.
- Testing and go-live strategy.