Looking for an introductory hands-on course to FHIR? If so, keep reading…
This course will help you understand the basics of FHIR.
My goal in making this course was to make it as simple as possible, so that you can get your feet wet with hands-on exercises.
The hands-on exercise use free Mirth Connect and will walk you through the following:
- Connecting Mirth Connect to a live FHIR server via a real EHR FHIR test system.
- An example of transforming FHIR in XML format (Patient Resource) to HL7 v2 (ADT A08).
What knowledge & tools are required?
- Mirth Connect version 3.3.1, 3.4.2 or 3.6.0 (PC or Mac) is required.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone brand new to FHIR who can follow hands-on, step-by-step instructions. Some experience in HL7 version 2.x is helpful.
What will students achieve or be able to do after taking your course?
- Exposure to Mirth Connect: Installation, Transformation, Translation.
- Basic understanding of FHIR: Convert a FHIR resource to HL7 version 2.x.
- Basic understanding of FHIR: Connect to a real FHIR server.